EXCLUSIVE: GMA News and Public Affairs assembles the best of the best for the digital newscast 'Stand For Truth' - gohong01

The world-class team behind GMA News and Public Affairs is about to launch a revolutionary digital newscast that will redefine how we Filipinos consume the news in the age of social media.

EXCLUSIVE: Atom Araullo continues to explore new ideas: "The learning never stops."

The digital newscast Stand For Truth assembled Kapuso Network's best of the best to anchor this groundbreaking project with technology giant Youtube.

Hosting Stand For Truth are multi-awarded news personality Atom Araullo, GMA resident analyst Richard Heydarian, and TV host and DJ Joyce Pring.

Atom, who returned to the Kapuso Network in 2017, will lend his expertise as a top-notch broadcast journalist for Stand For Truth.

He has won several awards in the past, including his first documentary series under GMA-7 titled 'Philippine Seas,' which won the gold medal in the prestigious 2018 U.S. International Film & Video Festival.

The "Atom Araullo Specials" also bagged the Gandingan ng Kabataan award at the 13th UPLB Isko't Iska's Multimedia Awards held this March.

In his exclusive interview with GMANetwork.com, Atom shares his excitement for being chosen to be part of this big project of GMA News and YouTube.

“From the beginning, it was already very exciting because we are always trying to push the boundaries of what we do in GMA News and Public Affairs and it reflects the changing habits of younger people or millennials, even Generation Z.

“I think people in this profession have to be able to evolve. To keep up with the times, keep up with changing technologies to be able to be more effective in delivering the news or producing stories for Filipinos.”

GMA resident analyst Javad Foronda Heydarian or popularly known as Prof. Richard Heydarian, a half-Filipino and half-Iranian academician, is known for his expert opinion on local politics and international affairs, like the disputed South China Sea.

Heydarian was among the 11 awardees of The Outstanding Young Men and Women (TOYM) awards three years ago as well. He wrote the book The Rise of Duterte: A Populist Revolt against Elite Democracy, which was published in 2017.

Professor Heydarian shares his thoughts about this collaboration between YouTube and GMA Network that will offer a cutting edge news program like Stand For Truth.

He says, “Of course ang partner natin is YouTube and of course YouTube pinili tayo kasi alam nila we are pioneers in terms of investigative journalism. GMA is world-class pagdating sa documentaries, pagdating sa in-depth analysis ng mga kumplikadong isyu.”

Heydarian tells GMANetwork.com that they want to set the standard with this digital newscast.

“So we want to set the standard not only in the Philippines, not only in Southeast Asia but globally because I know that there are major companies in Silicon Valley who want to really support a progressive, objective, and cutting-edge journalism. What we are doing right now is pasok doon sa ganung theme.”

Unang Hirit's Joyce Pring will bring her bubbly personality and wit to complement Atom and Richard in this exciting digital newscast of GMA News and Public Affairs.

“This is going really be interesting because Stand For Truth is a brand new platform. It's a whole new concept for newscasting," Joyce tells GMANetwork.com.

“For me my role will have to be it's going to be more on the features and lifestyle section, dahil I'll be talking about culture, technology.

“I'll be having guests mga Pinoy artists on the show and I think it will be interesting cause I'll kinda give a different perspective.”

Stand For Truth will also showcase the next breed of passionate and driven GMA News reporters.

These new batch reporters have undergone training supervised by the world-class team of GMA News and under the supervision of some of the highly-acclaimed Kapuso news reporters and documentarists.

What's more, they will primarily gather news through their mobiles phones giving a different perspective in the stories they will produce.

What are the qualities Atom Araullo is looking for in the reporters who will be part of Stand For Truth?

“I think at the minimum this is not lip service but what we are looking for are very passionate individuals. People who understand the power of media and in a way take it seriously.

“Naghahanap din tayo ng grupo na magiging representante ng lipunan sa Pilipinas. Mula sa iba-ibang bahagi ng bansa, mula sa iba-ibang mga pananaw, pananampalataya.”

He added, “Iba-ibang propesyon mula sa talagang Gen Z hanggang medyo Gen X. Personally, I want to see a mix of people in there that are just united by this common advocacy to use the power of media to stand for truth.”

97JEZ 速借網 服務項目:

借錢

私人借錢

私人小額借款

借款

當鋪

企業借款

車貸

房貸

贊助廣告:安貸

借錢 線上借錢

97JEZ 服務項目: 借錢 小額 借款 當鋪 民間借貸 車貸